Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      diymum@1
      Participant

since being on this forum thanks to you ladies i can see clearly now what abuse really is although i do have blips and set ways off thinking. so ultimately it has shone a light of some off the manipulative people in my life. i see lots off double standards around me and sometimes i see people trying to put me and others down for there own gain. i have time off soon and i have a list of all the people i plan to make time for in the coming weeks. the people whom i am excited to see. it is empowering to be able to take more control off my life for once. obviously for the people i see as manipulative and not so good for me i will let down gently – im not going to lie this is hard for me and not in my nature really. i hope this will be a turning point in my life and recovery. writing this list of special people makes me feel that my insecurities are wrong – i do have alot off good people in my life xxxx

fizzylem
      Participant

Go girl! Your life! Imagine how your energy level will be after spending a week with no manipulators / selfish and only those who love and support you. Also, lets not forget, these people love you for being you and for no other reason, they see you, get you, appreciate you, love what you put out in the world x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Well done DIYmum, I’m pleased for you. I did the same last year, made a list with the ‘good’ and the ‘bad’ people. Funny how we each call cleaning up our social lives differently; I call it weeding out my garden ☺️
      Enjoy your life full of pleasant decent people!

diymum@1
      Participant

Well it’s very m and m isn’t it 😕😃 but I do watch alot off American disney channel with my little one lol

Have you found life has gotten better easier?

Love diymum xx

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

No honey I’m sorry it isn’t easier yet – I struggle with depression and anxiety – but the ability and freedom to select who is allowed into your life and who isn’t IS empowering and very liberating. The knowledge of having no parasites in sight to sabotage my life is quite rewarding.

I do appreciate Disney fairytales 🙃 they are quite educative don’t you think? Cruely and mockery are represented with Cinderella’s step-family, trauma bonding is demonstrated by Beauty to her Beast, the confinement and isolation of Rapunzel… these are all very real aspects of life. I say believe in fairy tales, they do hold wisdom! 👸🏰🐲

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content