Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Falling Skys
      Participant

My son talk to me like normal, I was expecting him to keep me at a distance, but he can home after being out with his Dad and friend and he spoke to me like normal.

I know his father hated it, but I feel tomorrow when he’s sober he treat me like his dad wants, it seemed the alcohol gave him the strength to speak.

Its hurts so much, I can’t ring me support worker as they are here, and my normal hiding places are closed.

I know this is an awful thing to say but I wish my abuser would drop dead, he’s ruined me, my children, my home and he’s getting away with it.

I need to be strong to survey the holiday and a few kind words I’m lost.

Moon
      Participant

I didnt realise how many people are suffering when you feel so isolated.
      I am sending you a big hug to hopefully help stop you crumbling or at least help you to stay strong.
      Hopefully we can all help each other get through this difficult time
      Xx

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thank you Moon, we will all be fighting our demons over holidays xx

No easy answer for any of us and the virtual hugs will do us all good.

Thank god for this site 🙂

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Falling Skys,

I am sorry you are having a difficult time, Christmas is a really hard time for many people.

It sounds like your ex partner has treated you really badly so it’s normal to have negative feelings about him. However, try and focus your energy on positive things and ways that you can feel good this during this time. We are here for you too. You can post as much as you want. Also if you are feeling that you would like to talk to your support worker but can’t then you can call the National Domestic Violence Helpline on 0808 2000 247. They have trained support workers who will understand what you are feeling and can offer emotional support.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Best wishes

Lisa

Forum Moderator

one day at a time
      Participant

So sorry you are in such an awful situation. I felt the same as you this time last year and promised myself that next year would be different. Maybe you could promise yourself that this is the last Christmas you have to go through with your abuser and that next year will be very different for you and your son. It could be the best Christmas present you could give yourself 🙂 Take little steps to break free and start putting yourself first. You deserve to be happy and safe. Keep strong and keep reminding yourself that it doesn’t have to be like this. Big hug x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thankyou Lisa and one day,

I knows things will only get better, but being stuck to the house sales is a nightmare, living in limbo.

As I never know how long it will be on my own for I can’t talk to anyone.

Just didn’t expect the mind play to start so early.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content