Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Busyditch
      Participant

I can’t do this anymore. I’ve been out a few weeks now and it’s just not getting better. (detail removed by moderator)
      😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Hawthorn
      Participant

Oh Busyditch I’m so sorry you’re feeling so terrible. I know it doesn’t like it feel now but it does get better. You were in it for years, and only out for afew weeks, give yourself some time. After even the darkest night comes the dawn. You have come so far, keep going. You can do it.

Sending a big hug xx

Busyditch
        Participant

Thank you. I just can’t cope with it all. The situation dominates my life, literally everything is affected by what’s happened. I can’t cope anymore. 😭

Lifebegins
      Participant

Hi Busyditch

I’m probably speaking for a lot of ladies on here when I say what you’re experiencing now is how a lot of us felt in the early weeks after leaving. I certainly did. But it does get better. And that hard time you’re going through now will become a dim and distant memory like it is now for so many of us. I know that it doesn’t feel like that right now with everything going on but it will.

You’ve done the hard part with leaving. Now it’s one foot in front of the other, one day at a time until you get done all the stuff in the early days after leaving that need to be sorted. And you keep going until one day it will creep up on you and you suddenly realise your new life is the calmer, happier norm you deserve.

Do something nice for yourself today. If you can get out for a walk or get yourself a big bar of chocolate or have a long bath, whatever, just a little something for you.

Stay strong 💪 and keep posting. We’re here and we understand ❤️Xx

Busyditch
      Participant

I can’t get out of bed, I can’t stop crying my son hasn’t gone to school and nobody is answering my texts. What’s the point?

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Honey, please phone 111 or 999 if you don’t feel safe.

Medication won’t change your circumstances but getting yourself safe and on an even keel will.

Once you have got yourself feeling less critical you can start to rebuild bit by bit.

It can be done and you will get there but right now, your priority is staying safe. Please phone for help if you need to.

Thinking of you and sending you love and strength.

Busyditch
      Participant

😞

Lifebegins
      Participant

Hi Busyditch,

Hope you’re ok? Xx eggshells has given very good advice. No shame in reaching out if you need support xx

Busyditch
      Participant

I’ve been there before so I know what it’s like. I’m on medications but no pills in the world are going to change my circumstances.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content