Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ariel
      Participant

I have been suffering with headaches on and off for a while.
      I’ve had a lot of stress throughout this relationship (this is not the abusive relationship. I have been out of that for a good good while). But I’m struggling with this newish relationship.
      Anyway I had a headache for 3 days now. Then I was just having a good laugh with my child then the headache literally disappeared….. I get up and my partner says something I won’t go into details but my headache literally started crushing my head again.
      I think this relationship is actually making me ill. I don’t sleep like I used to or laugh like I used to.
      I’m finding it hard to split as I can’t bare the thought of seeing him with someone else. I realise that’s selfish and childish but I just feel that way.

KIP.
      Participant

Yes, I had a headache for two years. Write down a list of pros and cons for staying in the relationship. Try some mindfulness and relaxation exercises but it will only help the symptoms. Your kids need a happy healthy mum.

Ariel
      Participant

Thankyou Kip.
      I will actually do that right now.

Ariel
      Participant

How will I get over the thought and seeing him with someone else. I haven’t experienced that pain before and I’m scared to feel it if that makes sense.

KIP.
      Participant

Hey, it’s normal to feel that way after even a healthy relationship. In reality the imagination of the pain is way worse than the actual seeing it. Most abusers go out and deliberately pick the first vulnerable woman they find just to cause that triangulation. Yes it might be painful in the short term but blocking him on everything should mean you don’t see what he’s upto. You might surprised yourself and feel relief! ask yourself is that any reason to stay in a relationship you don’t want to be in?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content