Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Daisy Fairydust
      Participant

Hi
      I’m getting out, it’s imminent, my eldest child knows everything but my youngest not so much. I had to have a chat with my youngest though as they’d said everything at home was impacting on their mental health. I explained that someone has to be the grown up and make the difficult choices, everything at home is so toxic. They were really upset but did understand, however they asked not move before Christmas. The move is due to happen when the place is deep cleaned which is before Christmas. I feel horrific, so guilty, like the worst person ever.

KIP.
      Participant

You’re absolutely not the worst person ever. You are the adult and you have to make these difficult choices and you absolutely know it’s in their best interest and for their welfare and safety. Don’t sugar coat things too much. Tell them it’s extremely dangerous for you to stay any longer and they wouldn’t want to see you hurt for the sake of one Xmas. 3 women a week are killed by a current or ex partner in this country and I wonder how many made that decision to stay just a bit longer. Get out and get out the minute you have somewhere safe to go. You can’t trust your children not to tell their father. Abusers know us as well as we know them and he will sense change and will dig until he knows what’s happening x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ Jobs

EXIT SITE

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account