Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Eggshells
      Participant

The next step of my journey is about to begin. After my ex got aggressive (detail removed by moderator), I had an extreme physical reaction which sent me scurrying to my doctor. I’ve just had the third and final assessment to work out which treatment will be best for my PTSD. It may take a while for treatment to start but it’s the start of a crucial part of my journey now. It’s time to work through the trauma and leave this weight behind. I’m looking forward to shedding the load and really feeling free.

Eggshells
      Participant

Thank you to all you lovely ladies for your amazing support through this. Where would I be without you?

KIP.
      Participant

Hey well done. I’m reading Healing From Hidden Abuse by Shannon Thomas. She’s a therapist and victim herself. Also The Body Keeps The Score is a good book about trauma. Both aren’t too deep but well worth a look. Mind Over Mood is a good one about CBT x and YES you’re going to be okay.

Eggshells
      Participant

Omg. I can’t believe it. I’ve just had a call. They’ve prioritised me and I’m starting integrated therapy next week. This is amazing.

Thanks KIP. I’m going to look those books up now. xx

Iwantmeback
      Participant

That’s amazing news eggshells. One day at a time and look how far we go.😊😊

Anonymous
      Inactive

Got my happy bells on!! Dancing!! Good for you!! Seee? how it works, when you decide that’s it, not taking it anymore, doors open! Amazing how that works! Eh, had some slam too at times but that’s fine, wasn’t meant to be anyways with whatever or whoever. Didn’t stop me though. Once determination is geared up and it is with you – you’re going to start seeing the wonderment of you so plant your feet firmly, she’s busting out! Oh, btw, I have PTSD too, from my childhood but it has gotten better over the years, alot better. It can get going at times but there is always a trigger and a reason and it’s like a tool now, helps me root out whatever is causing it and get rid of it.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Very happy for you 🤗 keep going strong!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content