Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Today. I’m happy. I’ve just bought my Christmas tree. This afternoon, I’ll decorate it. Tonight I’ll light the logburner and a few candles and snuggle with my pets.

Simple pleasures, but this time last year was so awful, I coukd never have imagined being happy again.

There’s a lot of tough times ahead, but I’ve started feeling comfortable and happy at home. That means so much to me.

You can all do this, I promise you x

Woollymammal
      Participant

Hi Landy,

I can’t say how pleased I am to hear you say your happy..Just the thought of you saying about putting your Christmas tree up and your log fire and your pets makes me feel all cosy..
      There may be tough times ahead but you’ve felt an emotion that you probably haven’t felt for a very long time…
      I can’t wait to have that feeling..
      Sending you hugs x*x

Yellowflower
      Participant

Good for you Landy! Enjoy! I very much remember this he hated Christmas and I could never understand how you could hate Christmas. The decorations the present giving the family gatherings he hated it all. Now we get to enjoy christms at peace. I hope you have a lovely one xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you. Never thought I’d ever be happy again. Mostly, I’m not OK. But I going to be.

Cecile
      Participant

Yes it’s good to be able to do the simple things. I was on my own for a few blissful days and dear god it was so so heavenly. I was able to wash the dishes, he stops me doing this. I was able to clean the kitchen properly, the bathroom. I could watch tv and sit in the living room and talk nonsense to my pets. I had the radio on every where I went. Even at the end of this sick relationship with the final divorce looming he still stops me doing these things and stops my access to our money. I am beginning to feel very very angry.very angry.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I haven’t reached angry yet. It saddens me that I allowed someone to move into my home and take over to the point that I wasn’t allowed even to watch what I wanted on tv or have things out on display that I liked. I felt like an intruder in my own home.

Fudgecake
      Participant

Simple pleasures are often the best. Here’s wishing you a happy and peaceful festive season, Landy. Cheers!! 🥂

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Oh Landy, I am so happy for you. Yes the simple things are the best aren’t they.🎄🎄🎁🥂
      Bi làidir (stay strong) you’re doing so well💞💞

Lottieblue
      Participant

Thanks for that Landy – you give me hope. Perhaps this can be me one day x

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content