Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Icelolly
      Participant

Not really sure where to start if I’m totally honest. I recently got out of a abusive relationship and I am trying to rebuild myself and my sons life. I have written so many things and then deleted them again and again as I’m not really sure what or how to say it. Just feel lost at the moment.

Hazydayz
      Participant

Hello Icelolly, welcome. Don’t worry your not alone in not knowing what to say. The words will come hopefully, but for now, know that you are acknowledged as part of this ever increasing number of us that has survived or is struggling to survive abuse in a relationship. Trying to rebuild our lives is very difficult isn’t it and takes time, ideally, with support. It’s less lonely. If only… the pain could be erased away! with the support we seek. I hope you find here, support. We come here, because we are struggling too, with similar or different issues to you, we understand what it’s like living with abuse, how it leaves us feeling. Good to read Your out of it! Trying to engage with each other for support is a big step for a lot of us, so well done! Hopefully you will find, strength and reassurance from this reply.💞

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Icelolly,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Forum. There is a lot of support and understanding here for when you are ready to reach out again. Take your time and we will be here for you.

If you feel like you are in need of some additional support, you could also chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (weekdays 10am – 4pm and 10am – 12pm weekends). They won’t tell you what to do, but they can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

I hope you find the Forum a supportive place to be.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content