Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      StillAngry
      Participant

There was an incident that happened to me as a toddler which has led me to have PTSD. I’m still trying to come to terms with this and have had emdr counseling.
      I had a violent upbringing with an alcoholic manipulative and possibly sociopathic father.

I would like to help others in similar situations but don’t know where to start.

I don’t really have anyone to speak to about this as reliving these memories can upset my mom and brother and my partner just gets angry.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi StillAngry,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum. I hope you find it a safe and supportive place to be. I am sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you found EMDR counselling helpful for you. Please know that if you want to speak to the helpline they might be able to help you and signpost you to organisations that specify in helping victims of childhood abuse.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Freedomfighter
      Participant

Hi StillAngry,
      So sorry you had such a rough time as a child. It’s really nice that you want to help others.
      I’m sorry you’re family don’t feel able to discuss your experience. It’s hard to keep things like that hidden away when you feel you want to talk.
      Hope you find what you are looking for

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content