Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      velvet-ribbon
      Participant

I just wanted to say Hi, as I just joined this forum. I’m in an ongoing situation and am trying to build up some confidence. Not sure what to do next, but trying to improve things for myself so I have options.
      I spoke to Womens’ Aid the other day and they suggested I join this forum.

Peonylove
      Participant

Hello, welcome. I’m new too and everyone is lovely with great advice and support. Take your time and go easy on yourself xx

Hi @velvet-ribbon. Welcome to the forum. I’m quite new too, and have found everyone on here to be so helpful and welcoming and, most of all, supportive.

Even just reading others posts have been helpful for me, so take your time and be kind to yourself. I’ve noticed similarities to my situation in most posts, and I think just knowing that others are there for you is the best thing. The forum is a no judgement zone. And there is some brilliant advice from some fantastic, strong women.

Stay strong and safe ❤️ and take care x

velvet-ribbon
      Participant

Thank you both ❤

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi velvet-ribbon

Welcome to the forum.

Congrats on making your first post. It can feel a little scary but you’ve done it! You’ve already taken your first step to building your self confidence.

Have you considered calling your local Domestic Abuse service? The quality of support can vary a little from postcode to postcode but if you get a good one, they can provide you with your own outreach worker who can give you advice, support or just someone to lean on. You can do a Google to find your local support.

It can be abit overwhelming when you first acknowledge your abuse do take your time. There are some good books that the ladies on the forum often recommend so just shout if you’re interested.

Take care. xx

Miles
      Participant

Hi everyone
      I am always contemplating how to leave have been for about (detail removed by Moderator) or more.. my wish for peace of mind has shifted over the years as has his behaviour. I do feel differently when he starts nonsense, and creates situations that used to make me respond or react to which I would then get called lots of colourful names and a victim.
      I’m still working out how to leave unfortunately my experience of sharing situation with professionals has not been a positive one.
      Even to the point of a DA police women (detail removed by Moderator) calling me a liar , of course I can’t do anything with this so just stopped telling people.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content