Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      chocolatefudgecake
      Participant

My ex has made a false claim to the police about me (detail removed by moderator) which is untrue and i now have to go and do a voluntary statement. The orginial case that involved him assualting me has been shut down by the crown prosecution service yet there was evidence of the assualt. I really am feeling like the system has failed me

you are right, you ARE no longer the victim…………

Dear Chocolatefudgecake, I know how distraught & in bits you are at the moment. But I promise you sincerely as the time goes on you will feel happier, freer and less like somebody affected by abuse. Have you registered for the Freedom Programme? I’ve now on week (detail removed by moderator), it is changing my life. Life looks and feels more positive for me now, six months ago I was a candidate for the psychiatric ward thanks to gas lighting, blaming and mind games. You will come through this too. I know that any contact be it direct or indirect sends your emotions haywire. It is completely natural that you are feeling so upset at the moment. You should come out of this within the week. X*X

chocolatefudgecake
      Participant

I was slowly getting there though i did cry the weekend when i hearded a song that reminded me of him. I havent hearded of the freedom programme, what is it about?

Its a 12 week course once a week for 2 hours, I think its run by Womens Aid, you should be able to get onto a course local to where you live, I had to wait on a waiting list for 7 weeks but its fully worth it. Womens Aid should be able to tell you how to register. I’ve nearly got my life back thanks to: 1: the passing of time 2: reading all that I can about abuse 3: Full No Contact 4: this forum 5: The freedom programme ………………………I still have moments, maybe one moment a week when something happens, I am reminded of him, something nice and I feel sad and nostalgic. Only a few days ago I put a post on here that I was missing him. These events do not happen every day or even every other day. For the first few months after we split up I thought about him 99.7% of every day. Now I think about him about 5% in every 4 days. X*X

chocolatefudgecake
      Participant

Would it be best for me to contact the guys on here? As in the 24/7 hour helpline?

I think so, the forum moderator should be able to tell you how you get registered with your local course. Its a really great course.

chocolatefudgecake
      Participant

Okay thank u for help x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content