This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  iliketea 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author
     freedombutterfly 
    Participant

never posted on here before but this week I experienced the “the final sign” that things are going to get worser. my abuser took his mask off in front of a family member. to me this means his more confident. I voice record my evidence as there are kids involved. I started having support from (detail removed by Moderator) 2 weeks ago,had legal advice. so (detail removed by Moderator) I have quit my job ( I’m mentally drained ) ,saved enough money. applied for an occupation order ,non molestation order and child residency. I was advised due to my recordings of my abuser manipulating and emotionally abusing our children that it should be supervised contact. I’m worried for the next few weeks but I know I’m breaking a cycle. before I went to solicitors I went for a walk. I saw a gate and I couldn’t see what was behind that gate. I walked up to that gate and opened it. it was a field and the sky and surroundings made me feel peaceful. that’s what i want. I walked into the unknown ,knowing if I dont walk up to that gate I will walk back to my abuser. I’m proud but scared of this reaction and at the same time I feel like I’ve everything I need to do in the space of 1 week that he said I would never do.

Lisa 
    Main Moderator

Hello Freedombutterfly,

I wanted to send you a welcome message and to see how you are doing since posting. You have done so well in such a short space of time with finding out your rights and seeking support. Keep reaching out for support, believe in yourself and remember the gate!

Please do keep posting when you can to let us know how you are doing.

Best wishes,

Lisa

iliketea 
    Participant

I’m sorry you haven’t had more support, must have got missed, THIS IS BIG! Well done!!! You’re so strong and you’ll be on the other side of that gate soon enough. Wishing you ongoing strength and happiness with your new future that you are making for yourself and your child. Keep posting, its a really supportive forum . Someone always comes along at some point. xx

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

EXIT SITE

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ Jobs

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account