Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mell
      Participant

After getting out of my abuse with my child ….going through divorce…husband denies ever doing us anything….im finding it hard to get my head together and now sdo depressed I’m on meds from my go…..my child is also jndergoi by counselling…..my husband cancelled our spousal visa….and now I feel betrayed, stupid and at fault for putting my child through it all and now she’s preparing f or (detail removed by Moderator), we might have to leave the country.i feel like a failure at everything I’ve lived for.

You are NOT a failure, you are a brilliant mother to recognise this and try to find a way out.
      I’m sure the other ladies and WA will have something to say about your situation.
      Hang on in there lovely, thinking of you
      all best
      ftc.
      x

Serenity
      Participant

Please don’t feel guilty about finding it difficult. The guilt lies with your abuser. How you are reacting- depression, needing meds etc- is how victims of abuse suffer.

Please make sure that you reach out for support. If you contact your local Women’s Aid, they could offer you the support you need right now.

I couldn’t have gone through things without such support.

I don’t know the exact details of your visa situation, but it’s worth contacting Rights of Women to ask for advice. I wouldn’t have thought your ex has the power or authority to make such decisions? Please don’t let him make you fearful. Get practical support and advice. X

Mell
        Participant

Thank you guys so much. I am so mentally drained I don’t know sometimes how I function. I started a part time job ….had a few assessments booked with iapt but missed them due to work. My employers fire staff for taking to much time off work ….and I already do going to my daughter’s school to meet with her counselling service as she to is suffering and back and forth with court and lawyers. I am unsure How to attend each without my job finding out. I will try to c
        Pull through.

Mel xoxo

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content