Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m feeling so angry… I’m presuming it’s part of the recovery process but I’m worried I will do or say something that has too much emotion behind it… I’m angry about every kind of social injustice, angry about how we’re treated as employees, angry about how some big companies treat consumers… I think I was brought up to believe that feeling and showing anger was wrong which makes it even harder to deal with feeling angry now… is this normal? When will I feel less easily angered? I could never ever show any kind of anger with my ex… I had to hide all feelings…

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Livinginhope

I just wanted to show you some support. Sorry to hear about how you are feeling, it’s understandable that you feel like this and it is normal especially after hiding your feelings for so long.

If you haven’t already you could speak to your local domestic abuse service and see if they offer some counselling and support.

Take care and please keep posting to let us know how you are,

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content