Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I have spent the past (detail removed by Moderator) with my partner, I suffer depression and anxiety, I have (detail removed by Moderator) beautiful children with him & took on my eldest as his own, (detail removed by Moderator) he attacked me for the first ever time. He had his (detail removed by Moderator) pinning me down the only way I managed to get him off me was to (detail removed by Moderator), he eventually got off and I kicked him out. The thing I’m im hurting mentally and physically but more mentally. I do still love him he was/is my best friend, I don’t know what to do?.. for now it’s still raw so keeping distance is best but if so do I give it another go? Will he do it again? Or shall that be the end..? Obviously it’s up to him as well. I’m so lost hurt and confused.

tiredofitall
      Participant

Oh my word, this sounds like an absolutely awful experience. It sounds like a very violent episode if he hasn’t done anything like this before? You must have been terrified. I’m not sure if he has any other non-violent abusive behaviours? Even if he doesn’t I’d really take your time before making a decision especially with children in the home. Good luck to you x

Anonymous
        Inactive

Tiredofitall; to be honest with you, no I wasn’t terrified, because I’m not actually scared of him. The blows themselves didn’t actually hurt but the pain after is now an ouch moment. Like I say though I’m more hurt mentally then physically. We’ve been going through a hard time for quite a while with everything going up in price we’ve lost certain things and objects I’ve been struggling with my own depression & anxiety & he had/has turned to drink & other things.. I’m processing getting the help I need but he also needs it just he’s in denial I know it. I just don’t know what to do for the future, like I say this is the first time in a certain amount of years being with him he’s my best friend, & I do still love him. What is the chances of it happening again? Will it happen again? I don’t know what is best to do

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content