Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi ALL, just to let you know that I’m doing okay. Better than okay most days. I’ve hardly been in the flat during the day, just keeping so busy. Distracting myself I suppose. Been asked to do some things with my local WA, was overwhelmed that they thought of me tbh. It’s still early days. My oh is also going fir counselling, and I hope he learns about himself but as I’ve said to him(as we are speaking) I’m not the prize for good behaviour. I’m living in the moment, am really getting in touch with my spiritual side now too,cos I can.💜 I’m going to a few concerts soon, meeting up with my sister in the next few months. I’ve noticed just how abusive my family really are, but can deal with it more now. So, so far, things are all right. Financially I’m sorted, have enough. It’s really not as terrifying as I feared, so if anyone is still worrying about how they’ll manage,it will sort itself out. If anything try and save as much as you can b4 you decide to leave but don’t stay if it’s not safe to do so, just because you’ve not got any money. Once you’re out, if you leave with your local WA help you’ll be given a support worker. Mine is lovely, there if I need her but is really just giving me space.
      Will try and touch base a bit more often again, I’ve missed you all.
      Love and light
      IWMB 💞💞

Chocolatebunnie
      Participant

IWMB it’s nice to see your post and so pleased you’ve found a ‘happy place’ at last. Keep going don’t look back it’s sounds like you’re on a new journey and already growing in confidence. Just think 🤔 where will it take you, onwards and upwards as they say 💪🏻It’s great WA have asked for your involvement a compliment as to who you are and what you have to give 💜

Been reading your posts which atm are an inspiration for me in hope that the future will get better, following in your footsteps lots of love x*x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Chocolatebunny, it’s lovely to hear from you💞 living in the moment is what’s keeping me sane. I now truly believe he no longer has the power to hurt me the way he did. I’m so aware of being hoovered back in, the rose tinted glasses are well and truly in the bin. His reaction to my leaving was so far from what I imagined it would be, but know only too well they’ll say and do anything to ‘win’ you back. Pm me if you want to, I’ll be around fir as long as I’m needed on this forum. Karma truly has a way of sitting things out. I’ve never used that word as much in my life, and I’ve used it 3x already(truly)🤣🤣
      Take care mo charaid
      IWMB 💕💕

fizzylem
      Participant

Great to hear from you, you sound so free! Lovely to hear youre doing all the things you want to be doing now. So glad you got out. You’re really carving a new life now hey, go you! x

Fudgecake
      Participant

Glad you’re ok IWMB and you sound strong and happy. Enjoy the freedom to be yourself 😊🤗

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Oh Iwantmeback, it’s so sweet to hear from you, I was wondering if you are doing well, I’ve watched the film “Mary Queen of Scots” and thought of you 😃
      I’m so happy you are out well done and you seem to enjoy your freedom fully and sounds very happy with your new life. Yes! That’s truly great news and inspirational for everyone. You won yourself back. Big hugs 💞💞💞

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content