Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

And wean myself away from him.. as he were always there for emotional support… even though im not with him i keep thinking of him x

Escapee
      Participant

It’s normal, you will think of him. Even though we know the relationship was so bad for us, it was still our normal and we crave normal, however twisted that maybe.

Just breathe through it, distract yourself by playing games on your phone, reading a book, clean…… anything that’ll keep your head busy and in the present.

And please believe me when I say I am not underplaying how hard this is, I (and I’m sure everyone on here) goes through days where they feel like they can’t carry on anymore because it hurts too much. Tomorrow is another day sweetheart, just hang on to that thought and go find something to distract your head.

X*x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks escapee… i didnt even see him that much.. but he were there on the other end of the phone x

KIP.
      Participant

It is possible it’s not actually him you miss but just that part of the relationship that gave you emotional support? Can you replace that with a support group/friend or a talk with the Samaritans?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content