Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

I have things in the garage which were given to me when I was married. I feel absolutely sick, sad, I’ve been crying because I’m going to give if all to charity today. It’s been gathering dust for ages but he’s not worth it so why do I feel like this? It’s as though I’m completely wiping that chapter out of my life which I’m struggling to do. At the end of a marriage you would think at least you have good times I just can’t even see that all I can see is betrayal. I hope i feel better psychologically when this stuff is gone. I’m changing my passport in a few weeks and I’ll be selling my wedding outfit later this year. I actually hate him!

Nova
      Participant

Hi PaLA…I had the same dilemma…so I feel for you, and other ladies will no doubt repsond to this as this is yet another tough experience to have to go through….

I had hours to empty a house …I’d say 80% of the contents were mine…I just detached…and piled it up and got it shifted in a couple of cab journeys…I was in a chucking frenzy! I though can I use it? do I want these reminders? someone else can use it? charity is a positive move etc

There are still things in that house and some garden things that’d I like…now I have made the big move…and I will try to get some of those back, and dont see why he should enjoy my stuff!

btw his clothes I gave away in bags to guys on the street..at xmas…yay felt so good!

cx

(detail removed by moderator). It’s all going I feel so ANGRY what was I even doing with this a******e!

Serenity
      Participant

I got rid of all remnants of him as soon as I could.

These things are just items, but any reminder is horrible.

You feel tearful because you are grieving the situation. It’s natural. But mixed in with those tears is righteous anger. Focus on that, and channel that energy into helping you move forward to a place you deserve!

Keep strong!

What kind of dirty man packs his underwear to five back to his wife after she leaves him??? He’s disgusting. I couldn’t bring myself to do if cos he didn’t even let me pack my stuff and leave in a dignified way he went absolutely crazy and shoved everything in bags and dropped it at my parents house! I couldn’t bring myself to go though that frenzy but now I’m glad I’ve done it and I’m wondering what I ever saw in the disgusting creep!

KIP.
      Participant

Hey there, it’s just another process to go through. Ups and downs again. No experience is a wasted one if we learn from it lol. That’s my piece of wisdom for the day. It gets easier x 💐

Anonymous
      Inactive

When i left my abuser

I took possessions (detail removed by moderator) and sold them..and bought new things for my flat

I’m sooo glad I did it I tore up the calendar with his face on it. I cooked and I got some makeup for myself, I got some earrings to go with an outfit for my sisters engagement and I dressed up today. His friend drove past my parents house and was STARING!!! I’m so glad I dressed up shows I don’t actually give two hoots about him anymore! When a woman looks better when she is out of a relationship it speaks volumes. None of this is a reflection on me it’s all a reflection on him! I am amazing, I look amazing because that’s who I am. I’m going to completely reinvent myself. No more cheap shoddy clothes for me only the best and I HAVE to get back in the gym and keep up my healthy eating. I’ll never let anyone take 100% from me again the only person who gets 100% is me!

Thanks @KIP I’ve learned an awful lot through this experience I’m going to become invincible. I go away end of July and also in November so I have things to look forward to again. None of this is my loss I’m grieving but it’s so strange cos I haven’t really lost anything!

@Serenity
      thanks for always being there 😊 And to @cuppa. @I am free I’m treating myself to a nice breakfast tomorrow I’ve bought all the ingredients and I’m going to treat myself to some new clothes! I will never ever compromise on anything for myself ever again x*x

Nova
      Participant

Yay!! You go lady! Luv this huge shift…I can hear the strength! No more of the old bring in the new! New clothes new experiences it’s all great PaLa!

So cool to hear, the earrings and the friend passing by getting a good old look at the your new look brilliant!
      Take That world!! Freedom feels so good & your post is saying exactly that!

Hugs

Cx

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content