Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      JustKeepSinging
      Participant

I’m just starting in this process of leaving…well leaving again but I’m not going back this time despite the fact I can literally feel my pathetic resolve weakening.

But tonight I’m so f*^king tired. I slept 3 hours last night and the kids have been full on today.
      I know it’s only a place and I know it’s only stuff but I want to be at home. Not stuck away with hardly any of our things.
      I know that if I was home – my resolve might be weaker or it would be harder because of all the memories but I just want my things and the kids to have theirs so that we can feel some tiny bit of familiarity and comfort.
      I’m tired of having to tell people over & over what’s happening, to keep bringing up all the shameful, horrible, gut churning things from the past and the present. I’m tired of my brain remembering all the s**t he’s done and put me through and I’m tired of feeling disgusted with myself, guilty for my kids, shameful, embarrassed, all those things. I’m tired of feeling like a victim but I know I have to accept that I am before I can fight back.

I know it’s one step at a time but right now it feels too overwhelming and I just want it all the drama and the feelings to go away and let my brain just have a little bit of rest!

Sorry to be such a moaning Minnie just need to get it off my chest 🙁

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi there, I’m sending you a huge hug. These feelings will pass, I promise. I too left our home. I go every day to walk our dog to save her being locked in a crate all day. My house is a strangers now. I look around it and can’t envision me living there EVER again. You’re so right it’s baby steps. My first day out, I didn’t know what to do with myself,i was so tearful. I don’t have as many of those days now🤗. I still have a little contact with him but even that is lessening too. Slowly detaching, cutting the bond that ties us. I hope once I’m ready to move, I won’t waver.
      Best wishes IWMB 💞💞

JustKeepSinging
      Participant

Thank you IWMB it just feels like a mountain to climb whilst he does nothing???

I feel like I’m continuing to be punished because of him and his behaviour. Why are people like this??

KIP.
      Participant

Have you considered an occupation order to get him out the family home?

Can I breathe now
      Participant

I had to leve mine too and ironically I paid for it I’m trying to get solicitor to claim but I get it you made a home there my exam got so mad when I left he hacked my emails and said things to my mate about me

Getmylifeback
      Participant

I felt the same in the early day X but j look at my new little home now and love it. I left with literally clothes and kids toys initially and had to hit Facebook market place big time.

If i go to my old house now it holds no emotional connection, just seems dreary. I wouldn’t want to spend a night there anymore!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content