Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I have been trying to find out online but struggling. Are there any physical support groups? Eg something similar to AA, CA etc. Whilst the online forums are helpful I feel like I need some in person support with people who understand. Thanks in advance

Bananaboat
      Participant

I think the freedom programme might do, it said on their website the other day to insert town/postcode to check for local groups, looked like they did virtual ones too but I’ve not used either to know what they’re like.

gettingtired
      Participant

Hey, I’m looking for the same as I’d like to join a support group in person. It might be worth seeing if your local domestic abuse service offer this but I’m unsure whether or not the pandemic has affected meetings in person, they may be taking place via zoom currently. There’s CODA (co-dependents anonymous) which has a list of locations and meetings on their website x

Eyesopening
      Participant

If you get in touch with you local DA organization they can tell you what is happening locally.
      I was told about a bi-weekly group that meet near me.
      Then they can also tell you about local Freedom Programs.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content