Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Soulsearcher18
      Participant

I haven’t been on forum much lately.
      I’ve been participating in other Survivor groups out there and post lockdown, things have been hectic.
      I just wanted to check back in here though.
      I don’t watch Eastenders but ahead of their programme this evening and in light of the discussions around it, I wanted to express my support on here for anyone experiencing domestic abuse.
      My hope for anyone visiting forum is that they can seek support and gain strength so that they can find a window of opportunity to get help and ultimately to get out safely.

In solidarity Survivors

Soulsearcher x

Hazydayz
      Participant

Hi, welcome back! nice to see you here. How are you? I second what you have said. See you around đź’ž

iliketea
      Participant

Hi, thanks! Just watched it, haven’t seen the rest but seemed pretty accurate. Feeling a bit sick right now. It’s weird isn’t it, how it can have that effect?
      Other Survivor forums? Had no idea there were others. We’ve missed your good sense and even better advice. Stay a while. You’re needed! Hope you’re ok. Staying strong. And true. Thx Soulsearcher18 good to hear from you. X

Soulsearcher18
      Participant

Hi Hazydayz and Iliketea, thanks.

I have kept a check in but haven’t responded or posted much, Iliketea- I did comment on your post other day about how to recover, hope all the responses helped and that you’re doing ok.

I didn’t watch the Eastenders episode but I did see the young actor who plays the perpetrator doing an interview. He said he had done his research through Women’s Aid and he spoke so well. I was very impressed with what he said, he said how there was so much that he hadn’t been aware of about DV and how he felt it was important for both men and women to raise awareness and that, as a result, he has become an ambassador.

It’s hectic isn’t it with one thing and another. The other groups came from a charity challenge I got involved in, to be honest, it has been good to ‘meet’ people for real if that makes sense? Especially in the absence of local groups. However, I am aware local groups are starting back in a virtual way and I’m looking into that and hopeful other local services are going to be doing this at least as it is so vital for recovery.

Haven’t noticed Braelynn on here lately-hope all is well for her.

I just hope, for anyone reaching out that they can get support they need. To be fair, it wasn’t easy before Covid, which does complicate things more now but there is still help out there.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content