Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Lemmy
      Participant

Monday week 6
      I’m exhausted, all my muscles ach and I have a constant tick in my (detail removed by moderator) .
      My son is copying my partners behaviour which means he is encouraged to criticise and undermine me. As the weeks move on this is becoming more apparent to me and in the times of no aggressive outbursts from partner, the everyday calling to account , ordering about is exhausting. I cant muster the resistance. I feel well and truely trapped. And I wish for the days where I could get out of the house and connect with other people , people who like me.
      I really need help in how to turn this situation arround with my son. Some tactics. He doesn’t know what’s going on. And he can’t understand when I seem upset or fed up with his attitude to me because he has Asperger. It’s a very cruel situation to be in. I wonder how I can do another 6 weeks of this without loosing my bearings.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Lemmy

I just wanted to show you some support. Sorry to hear about your situation and how your son is copying your partners behaviour. It’s understandable that you are exhausted. Unfortunately this is quite common, and you may need to put some support in place to protect yourself.

The National Autistic Society may be able to offer some advice on your son’s behaviour, social services, your GP or Young Minds may also be able to give you some advice too.

You may also find it helpful to speak to your local domestic violence service and see if they run any support groups, or there is The Freedom Programme which you may be able to do online.

If you haven’t already, you could chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (Mon – Fri 10am – 2pm). They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your
      situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Take care and please keep posting

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content