Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hokeycokey
      Participant

Hi.

So last night I wrote my first post.

Then….early this morning I was looking out of my window ….there are often deer ( Bambie style!) in a nearby field. One somehow managed to get the wrong side of the fence and was separated from the rest of the herd. I watched for a long while. The deer realised it was isolated and began to nervously walk backwards and forwards along the fence to try and find a way back. It’s was excruciating to watch as it became more distressed and unsure of what to do.
      I decided that I couldn’t look any longer as I was feeling upset. Then, to my amazement the deer walked a short way up the field before gathering speed , skipping and jumping and to my amazement got over the fence and joined the herd who were disappearing into the woods.

I have felt the best I’ve felt in a long time today … inspiration really can come form the most unusual places 😊

Fudgecake
      Participant

Quite a metaphor for us all I think 😊

Hokeycokey
        Participant

Hi Fudgecake

Yes I think so too. It really did give me strength today. I’ve even talked to a close friend this evening who had no idea what’s happening to me and she has offered some really helpful practical support with safety planning.

Thanks for responding ☺️

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Thank you dearly for sharing that, it’s so beautiful, it just made my day! ☀️

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content