Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

You just escaped a maze and now you get to hop on a helicopter and see the maze from the top.

I was googling lack of empathy (detail removed by moderator). And I found the above, it is so true to what I am experiencing at home , now that I have determined what his personality disorder is…

Sometimes words bear such powerful validation of a situation most people would not believe possible to happen.

Ayanna
      Participant

Metaphors can help with evaluating situations and coming to lasting decisions.
      That’s why I like NLP so much.

KIP.
      Participant

Hey Bridget, what worries me about your post is the part about his personality disorder. Please remember many people have personality disorders and do not strangle and abuse. It sounds like you may be blaming his abuse on this and in my opinion it’s not the case. Otherwise he would strangle and abuse everyone. He chooses to abuse you. To destroy your peace, happiness and health. One day you will have the strength to leave again for good. Until then, I would stop trying to justify or even waste time on him trying to work him out, that’s how we stay trapped. His choice to abuse and you know he won’t change. You go from one bad thought or experience to the next when with an abuser. You and your kids deserve better x

teatime
      Participant

He might just have a bad personality, not a disorder? x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content