Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Secretlife
      Participant

After the news (detail removed by moderator), Doctors was on, usually I only half watch it whilst doing something else. (detail removed by moderator) it covered the topic of abuse. It was actually a really good, well acted programme, and certainly will make many people who are living in that situation aware that they are possibly being abused. Interestingly, my husband, who would usually watch it if it’s on, chose to leave the room, while for me, I stopped what I was doing, and watched it in detail, it made me cry at the end. Definitely one of the best (if that is the right word) episodes I have seen, and unfortunately, so realistic.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Thank you for sharing with us, Secretlife.

Best wishes,

Lisa

gettingtired
      Participant

Hello, it’s interesting that you’re husband left the room when it was on.
      If a domestic abuse advert or something comes on TV I tend to avoid it by leaving the room or trying to distract my partner else he will usually make a sulky comment or dig about how I think that’s me being abused.. ​
      Having these sort of storylines on TV dramas and soaps etc might hopefully awaken some people to realising that they’re being abused.
      For years, I sensed that parts of my relationship were wrong but I didn’t ever understand why. Then a year or so ago a relative told me about how someone we know had left their husband because he was physically abusive and that they’d been to Women’s aid for help. I think that conversation just jolted something in me, hence me finding this forum.
      I do think DA is still shrouded in misunderstanding but hopefully things will get better over time..
      Sorry for rambling on. Take care xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content