Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Lotsofjellytots
      Participant

Hi, I’ve been free from my abusive ex for a little while now. I have a non molestation order against him to protect myself and children from threats and violence that we suffered. My ex is now taking me to court for child contact but is also taking me to court to get the non molestation to overturn. Does anyone have any experience of their ex doing this and winning? He has breached his non mol once already which is being deal with with the police. And he didn’t show up at court when I took the non molestation order out on him in the first place, he could of had his say then and didn’t bother.
      I’m freaking myself out at the thought of his non mol being dismissed and him being able to have contact with me again or showing up at my house. Is he likely to win?

KIP.
      Participant

From what you’ve said and the continuing involvement of the police I’d say it’s very unlikely. Just make sure you have evidence to present if needed. So get the names of the police officers dealing with your ongoing problems with you ex. Dates and times of incidents. Do you have a solicitor or are you representing yourself? Even in the unlikely event it’s overturned, keep involving the police and they can deal with him for harassment. Have zero contact with him. Make sure he knows in writing he is not allowed any direct contact with you and if he breaks that it’s harassment. There are new harrassment and stalking laws. You can get help from your local women’s aid and from Rights of Women. The courts are very aware of coercive and controlling behaviour. Also, get your GP on side. Report the detrimental effect on your mental health. This is being taken much more seriously. When I was going through court I was told constantly that it depends on the judge on the day. I do think things have improved but if the worst case happens then you still have the law on your side and you just need to use it via the police. Keep going and keep reporting every incident. Keep a detailed journal. I helped test a stalking App so ask your local women’s aid about that. It asks for the info the police need. You’re stronger than you think. Just keep going and stick to zero contact.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content