Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Wateringcan
      Participant

Been a while since the ex has been aloud contact byt from what i know he is attending therapy.. quit drugs and accepting medical help. Hes not breached bail conditions either…
      Is he changing for the better?

KIP.
      Participant

I’d be very wary about his so called changes. And whatever they may be none of the above is an excuse for domestic abuse. Many people have problems and addictions as you describe but they do not abuse their partner. Domestic abuse is a choice he makes and I’ve been on and off this site for several years and never heard of one who has changed permanently. It’s easy to pretend to change to manipulate his situation. You can usually predict someone’s future behaviour by their past behaviour. Try to cut him out your life and dont ask about him and tell your friends and family you don’t wish to hear anything about him. He’s still living in your head rent free. He had shown you his true colours….. believe him.

Anonymous
      Inactive

My ex is an alcoholic and I do believe that drink and drug addiction changes people; it changed him. And so I also believe they getting clean/ dry can return them to the people they once were if coupled with therapy. I’d be very wary still of letting someone like that back in my life until they’d proved over a long period of time that the new found abstinence was going to stick. Relapses are common.

Did you know him before he was on drugs?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content