Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      lostandbroken
      Participant

He took all of his stuff whilst I was at work the other day, which was arranged. He has since left an opening to return to replace something he has taken, to help me out. He’s being very cooperative and playing ball in my court (through our third party). What’s he playing at? Why’s he being nice after he was so nasty after he left? I don’t understand x

HunkyDory
      Participant

It’s the cycle of abuse. He’s trying to lure you back. Show his nice face to throw you and think whether you’re doing the right thing. It’s all a huge game for them to reel you back in. Try to have zero contact because this is exactly what they do, it’s textbook.

Can a friend or family be there when he cones to do whatever he’s doing, or be out? Xx

lostandbroken
      Participant

I am on zero contact, I have him blocked on everything. I haven’t seen or spoke to him since he left. We have been communicating through my third party for contact with his daughter. X

Lottieblue
      Participant

Is he also trying to use your third party to curry favour? Win you over?

lostandbroken
      Participant

I don’t know he’s being amicable through them, playing the ball in my court. X

HunkyDory
      Participant

Ok good that you’re no contact. Trust your instincts he’s trying to manipulate you from afar and you sussed him out, good for you. Keep going you’re doing great xx

Tickleribber
      Participant

Please do research hoovering, and as the other participant says, cycle of abuse. I have experienced this too, and the nice persona is confusing, but in my experience, which I think is fairly standard, boom, one day, you’ll see the nasty side again for sure.
      Its just how they are, they don’t change.

diymum@1
      Participant

It sounds like he’s trying to look like a good father infront of the third part xx to help him with access maybe ? That’s my impression xx

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content