Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Lostandscared
      Participant

I don’t really know where to start I’ve been with my partner for awhile now and we have a child together. We get along so well and when it’s good it’s good but when we argue it turns s**t , he has thrown water over me in an argument a few times or if he is over tired he gets mean by tormenting me taking my things poking me trying to get a reaction ,he has thrown an object through a window before cause he was frustrated that I wasn’t helping him the way he wanted me to and in another argument when I said I wouldn’t do something for him he broke an Xbox,a light switch and computer and he has also broke the front door before cause I wasn’t quick enough opening the door for him. He has never physically hurt me before but if he makes me cry from frustration he makes fun of it and does stuff to make me more argue . I believe he has argue issues and doesn’t know how to deal with his emotions but I’m not sure how much longer I can carry on like this. Is this abuse?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Lostandscared,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forum. I’m sorry to read what’s happening in your relationship. You are explaining abusive behaviour by your partner. You have explained emotional abuse and very threatening behaviour. When someone is abusive, they are not like it all the time, which makes it confusing. But sadly the cycle of abuse always continues, and normally gets worse over time. His behaviour now suggests that he could become physically abusive in the future.

If you feel you can, I suggest calling the 24 hour Freephone Helpline on 0808 2000 247 to speak to a female support worker in confidence. They won’t tell you what to do, but can talk through your situation and signpost you to the other relevant support.

Keep posting,

Lisa

WA Forum Moderator

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content