Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      gladtobefree
      Participant

I haven’t been on here in. Very long time as managed to get out of my previous situation and start A new life. I was enjoying being single and just being with my children and then I went for a meal with a friend I grew up with who I haven’t seen in years she went down a bad path with drugs. Cut a long story short. It was all soul mates and meant to be on his part instantly which made me think red flags and within weeks he stopped acting like that and started being very off with me a disregarding me. Even as I write this I know these are the signs straight away but silly me thought he had more to him and was still the friend I grew up with. (detail removed by Moderator) I got angry as I feel he constantly takes the p**s out of me and he was calling me a s**m bag and his ex girlfriends name until I slapped him to which he went mad and threw me round and dragged me down the stairs by my hair. I know I slapped him and made him angry but he really does push and push. He wanted me to drive him someone late and when I said no because my (detail removed by Moderator) will wake soon and my (detail removed by Moderator) son is here but she will want her Mum, he starting Stropping until I gave in and then on the way back he said to drop him home as he was tired and didn’t want to spend the night with me now as I moan at him so wanted me to drive home alone in the dark and my petrol light had just came on. That is how the argument started yet he insists he hasn’t done anything wrong as always

KIP.
      Participant

He’s not your friend. People change and he’s changed in to someone you need to block from your life. The red flags are definitely there so get out of this abusive relationship now. You physically hit him and that’s always wrong, he can report you to the police for this and cause you more problems. He wanted you to hit him so he could justify his reaction but there is no justification for that kind of abuse. He’s shown you his true colours now so believe him. You’re still very vulnerable from abuse. Did you ever do The Freedom Programme? Take a look online x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content