Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Neverlookback
      Participant

I’m starting to wonder if it is me with the problem. Because it’s not just him making me feel c**p about myself. It’s ranges from my mother to my sister through to my adult children. I’ve felt like I’ve never been good enough for anybody. Certainly nobody’s told me I’m doing a good job.

Stressedandalone
      Participant

If you are asking yourself that question then it isn’t you. They all make us feel like it’s our fault and that we’ve done something wrong. I’ve been feeling like this today but when I look back it really isn’t us, it’s them! We are just too nice and trusting. Start to put yourself first and not believe what everybody else says! You are doing an amazing job

Anonymous
      Inactive

To Never look back . I too feel very similar to you alot of the time . I just don’t know what to think either. I think the quote about putting ourselves first and not believe what everyone else says is a good starting point . I suppose though a person had thought for a long time they are not good enough being able to change that view is going to be a challenge but challenges can be faced I suppose.

Anonymous
      Inactive

To stressed and alone . I agree alot of us are too nice and trusing . Not a lot of folk are though that’s the trouble. So many people on here are so kind. You don’t often find that about anymore. At least people on this link are kind

Neverlookback
      Participant

Thanks ladies. I guess I was just having a bad day.your support means a lot to me xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have not posted for a while because I thought I sounded stupid and I probably did . I apologise if I came across in that way . I have not plucked up the courage to leave yet because I have no courage yet. I also question is it me again and again. I do get talked down too. I get told my opinions should not be spoken . I get told to shut up. I get told I’m deluded and get gaslighted too but yet I’m here asking is it me ?????

Anonymous
      Inactive

I dont think today is a good day for me today . I feel teary and rubbish about myself . I just posted a different post and have said the bad days with them are not good to deal with but I’m always weary when he’s trying to be nice . I’m just probably upset because it just gets a person like that sometimes. I’m sorry I probably sound rubbish again. It’s probably just one of them days I suppose they happen dont they . There was me thinking I was feeling strong. I’m grateful for this forum its the best . Please take care of yourselves. Best wishes x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Sorry for being a parrot but I am so grateful for this forum.

Mime
      Participant

Stargazing be kind to yourself because you matter. You sound hurt – I don’t know you but I’m sending you some love and a hug, no-one should feel so bad about themselves as to not post because they think they sound stupid. You don’t sound stupid. You’re a hurting person. Like everyone on here – you deserve kindness and respect no matter what. Please take care and be as kind as you can to yourself. XX

Mime
      Participant

Neverlookback – its not you. People are hard work – there’s a lot of difficult people out there, stressedandalone is right, if you’re questioning is it you, it almost certainly isn’t. And stargazing is also right – it sounds like you’re being gaslighted. Look after yourself – you are good enough Xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Mime , thank you for the lovely reply. I do have hurt feelings but I am very guilty of not being kind to myself. Thank you also for accepting the posts I have written. I am just so so very grateful for this forum its our safe space to just jot things down . I didn’t realise this forum existed until recently. I am going to have to learn how I can be more kinder to myself. Take care of yourself too . Best wishes x

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content