Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Twisted Sister
      Participant

When does this thinking ever stop, does it stop? I can honestly put hand on heart and say I have not done the things I have been accused of, but i have had horrific allegations made against me. I know they’re not true, but how is anyone else supposed to know when the accusers have much louder voice and no morals about bare-faced lying. I hear, on many occasions, being talked about and scenarios all presented very differently including misrepresenting what I have said/done, as well as laughing about what had been done to me and how it was answered to the police.

As i have PTSD i struggle so badly with any form of aggression and confrontation, but when i call the police upset i’m asked what I did to start it, or to go see my doctor, up my medication, etc. This does make me cross as it seems to assert that i should be coping better and not get upset and be able to deal with this… just shut the curtains, stay out of the way.

Believe you me I have done everything conceivable to stay out of the way, including coming and going through my window! shutting all my windows and curtains (and boil in the heat without any air)!

lover of no contact
      Participant

Hi Karmasister,

I can understand your frustration. I used to hate when my well-meaning but unaware friends/family would say to me in response to finally opening up about the truth of how badly he was treating me ‘well maybe you need to work harder in the marriage, do this, be that, blah,blah.blah. I felt like screaming. The truth is I was a near perfect wife so as not to make waves or set him off. I couldn’t be more perfect. It was a symptom of their unawareness of abuse, their denial. It was very painful at the time to receive those responses especially as I was on the receiving end at the time, of huge abuse.

Its good you posted here for support, we totally know what your’re dealing with. I’ve had the false accusations and the lies about me to my children, his family, my family, our mutual friend’s, to his friend’s, to the Police, to the courts etc.

Its so hard when the GP doesn’t understand too. Please ring Women’s Aid as they totally get what the abusers’ are like. I used to always feel so much better and felt understood and felt they totally understood what the abuser’s were like with their lies, false accusations and head-wrecking behaviours.

lover of no contact
      Participant

(detail removed by Moderator) He had hoodwinked a lot of people that we both knew but his lies and false accusations were not as powerful as he thought and the truth was seen (detail removed by Moderator).

Twisted Sister
      Participant

thank you lover of no contact.

i just wonder when/if i will ever stop with the self-condemnation, as recent events bring it all back again and i too and fro continually and can’t seem to just stop it!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content