Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Littlefish
      Participant

For work I’ve recently had to do a domestic violence awareness course and learnt in 2013 the law was changed to include under 18s in being classes as in domestic violent relationships (that’s my take on it if someone has something else then maybe I’m getting annoyed for no reason) so what was my relationship to the law and government at the time if this happened before the law change. What did they think it was, just silly young love, I dont know.
      Also if anyone has any explanation why does being held on remand count towards your sentence? Surely if they feel you are that dangerous that u can’t be let out that’s not a reward that you then get to take off your sentence it makes no semse

KIP.
      Participant

Hi Littlefish. Rape in marriage was legal until the 1980s. The law is slow in changing but it is getting better. Catching up with society. You’re absolutely right in what you say about being held on remand. I got the law amended by getting my MP to help me. You can do this too. I suppose maybe the law says you’re innocent until proven guilty so I wonder if it’s something written in the law. You have a voice as a victim and I’d urge you to use it. I did and it helped my recovery x

KIP.
      Participant

Yes it’s okay to be angry. And healthy to be angry. My anger was suppressed by my abuser for decades so it’s something I struggled with. Anger can motivate us to get things done x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content