Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Secret girl
      Participant

There’s no way with my mental health I could cope inside a hostel plus I have mY dog.

Surely there’s somewhere we can leave to that’s not hostels

My other worry is how do I get myself things and a dog to where I need to go

With no money has he holds it all.

How em I meant to get out? I’m alone no family friends

I’m trapped ,

Someone from women’s aid said to me once – you know a refuge is maybe nicer than you think. (The one nearby had en suite rooms and M and S furniture that had been donated.
      I’m not saying they are all like this. W/A may have solution about the dog.

KIP.
      Participant

The dogs trust have volunteer foster careers for women fleeing domestic abuse until you get yourself sorted. The help is out there, you just need to go get it. Social service may have emergency accommodation. My women’s aid worker took me to the local housing association who were great. If you can leave with important documents you can go back with the police for the rest of your belongings,

maddog
      Participant

RSPCA runs Pet Retreat in some areas of the country. With one dog you will be ok. Your dog will be safe. I have lots more than a single dog so it’s quite a problem. WA will help you.

Alpaca
      Participant

Sometimes I wish that a bunch of us women could get together and buy a big old house and live in it together in peace. I would do that in a heartbeat. Somewhere we could have peace and have the space to heal.
      What a wonderful dream.
      Have you thought of having your little dog fostered for a while and you could visit? Just until you’re in a better position. xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content