Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jellybaby
      Participant

I still in an abusive relationship. He is saying he wants a divorce not sure if he means it or trying to hurt me. Either way it hurts. I loved this man and bend over backwards for him. He has done nothing by lie, cheat and disrespect me. He doesn’t even say sorry. Why am I even unset all I want is for me to tell me everything will be ok. I just want to know if there is love with someone new after. I feel so low I don’t want to rush into anything if we split. But I don’t want to be alone or end up in another relationship like this again.

Whyohwhy
      Participant

Sorry you haven’t had any responses perhaps not many have been lucky in love yet? I haven’t been in any positions to meet someone new yet but I live in hope! But what I can say is I am happier living alone than living with my ex, it feels like a weight has been lifted. I feel like I was living for years under a spell and once the spell had broken I could see all the faults that had been in our relationship since it began. Yes I get lonely but I was lonely when I was with him. Yes I would love a partner to wrap me in there arms but not to then be ignored for days and not know the reason why. So to answer your question is there love again? Who knows, maybe? But it’s not worth putting up with an abusive relationship in case. Take care

Ariel
      Participant

Hi
      I have struggled for * years and now I’m with someone. I think it was so good in the beginning I wasn’t used to it and I went a bit wild once I was free (I never knew I would do that) but I ended up cheating on my new partner. I’ve never done anything like this my whole life.
      He forgave me but it hasn’t been easy. Every time our relationship is good I am worried something wrong will happen.
      But I believe he loves me and I love him but I honestly don’t think I understand what a normal relationship looks like.

hi,
      I am in the completely same boat as you! I ask myself these questions everyday ‘will i ever find love again omg my ex husband was perfect’ in reality any guy would be better than an abusive man.
      BUT that doesnt mean u shouldnt be selective next time round.
      You really really need to stay single for quite some time to avoid attracting the same sort of man, you need to work on yourself. i am planning to stay single for 1-2 years before i start dating again.
      it is going to be so hard but trust me you wont find love if you look within this year(i mean its not impossible but its unlikely as some men feed off the weak they see as as vulnerable).

stay strong and place value on making friends, educating yourself on things that interest you and healthy relationships. make goals for yourself. travel. learn how to do the splits. take part in a charity cause.
      you will find love again! its actually such a beautiful thing that you have hope and you havent lost hope in falling in love again!

WE GOT THIS <3

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content