Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jazzlepop
      Participant

I’ve been with my husband almost (detail removed by Moderator) years, we’ve only been married for a few. He’s always enjoyed a drink but over the last few years it’s got to the point he’s so aggressive towards me and can’t control his anger.

He smashes up my house, puts holes in all my doors throws things at me the latest being a (detail removed by Moderator). And screams in my face with clenched fists as though he’s going to hit me.

There has been no actual violence towards me in a few years however I almost wish he would physically hit me as it would heal quicker.

I’m constantly on eggshells and he keeps accusing me of things I’m not doing.

I’ve started to recently (detail removed by Moderator) as it’s my only escapism. We don’t have children so luckily there isn’t an issue there.

I dread everyday when he comes home from work of what’s going to happen next.

maddog
      Participant

It’s abusive behaviour definitely. It’s not caused by alcohol. He abuses you because he’s an abuser. Please speak to Women’s Aid and your GP. His behaviour belongs to him. It took me no less time to recognise my ex’s behaviour as abusive and we normalise it. None of this is your fault. You are not alone.

Jazzlepop
      Participant

Thank you for your reply, I almost didn’t post because I believe what he says that it’s my fault I’m crazy and I p*ss him off.

I spoke to women’s aid live chat, my only real option is to get an injunction against him. However his whole family live basically on (detail removed by Moderator) and I don’t want to anger or provoke him more.

I wish I could just get out with my dog but to do that I’d have to firstly put him into temporary foster and I’m not willing to do that as he’s a rescue and sticks to my side

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content