Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Princess@
      Participant

Hi all
      I’m new here and in a very bad place at the moment I’m not even sure if the would be classed as domestic abuse as the person is not my husband but my teenage girl.
      Ok so basically she has trashed my home screamed horrible things at me through plates ect at me, she has also punched me pulled my hair ect on a few occasions.
      So now for a bit of background on our situation my daughter suffers from mental health problems has always been hard to handle as far back I can remember, in the last year she has been diagnosed with adhd and depression tho I don’t think they have got it right and have fought with social services schools and mental health staff trying to get to the bottom of it all.
      So I guess is her behaviors part of her illness or is she just being abusive and how do I address it, I have three younger children at home who this is effects massively.
      Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I have said I’m at a loss sorry if Iv not posted in the right place or if this is something women’s aid would help with
      Many thanks x

lover of no contact
      Participant

Hi Princess@,

Welcome to the Forum. And yes you are in the right place. Is there a man by any chance in your life? I say this because my daughter trashed my room, broke things, and had very disturbed behaviour, self-harming, stuffing herself with food, low self-esteem, low self-confidence, she was mid- teens. My other daughter was verbally violent towards me screaming she hated me, I was a b***h etc. hatred in her eyes, detached from me. She was early teens. Their behaviour was very disturbed on regular occasions. But I was in an abusive relationship and their dad was provoking them behind the scenes. This is how they reacted when I was living with insanity.

I can only give you my experience. My daughters behaviours have considerably improved, (no violent actions or words) since I no longer live with an abuser. They still have the low self-esteem, confidence and they use food to stuff their feelings. They are in a relationship with their dad and his negative behaviour can trigger them into negative actions.

Keep reading the posts and sharing and with time things may become a little clearer in your situation.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content