Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Pears2021
      Participant

My name is on nothing. Yet it’s me that gets kicked out, often at stupid o clock, with no phone, no purse, no suitable clothing, etc. It’s me that has to worry about getting to safety. It’s me crying alone in the dark, freezing cold. It’s me that has to worry about my belongings getting damaged or not ever seeing them again. It’s me that gets threatened with him & his family members.
      It’s me that has to give up time out of my day to cook and clean. It’s me looking after a home that isn’t mine.
      I have suggested getting somewhere with both our names, but he won’t have it.

gettingtired
      Participant

Hey Pears, just thought I’d say that even if your name was on a tenancy or mortgage, that probably wouldn’t stop your partner from threatening/throwing you out. I know because in our previous home my name wasn’t officially on the signed agreement so partner used that as a reason to threaten that it wasn’t my place. Fast forward to our next home (where both our names are on the agreement) and he continued to threaten to throw me out, our pet out or my belongings.
      Your partner probably doesn’t want you to both be on a shared tenancy because it just being in his name gives him a sense of power and control over you.
      It must be awful for you being thrown out at night with no belongings or anywhere to go. Have you got any family or friends to support you? X*x

Bettertimesahead
      Participant

Hi Pears
      That sounds horrendous. But maybe not being financially linked to him could make it easier if you decide you want to go. My husband has been gone several months and I’ve done as much as possible to separate our finances. I don’t want links or his debts. He doesn’t have rights to damage your property. Please keep posting on here for support

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content