Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Flopsy
      Participant

I feel a bit daft asking this.
      On certain occasions a family members house is the pick up point for my ex to pick up and drop off my children. There have been occasions where he’s been aware that I’m running late but won’t wait outside the house. Instead he arrives seconds after I’ve pulled up, this is usually without him knowing I’m on my way as I hadn’t had a chance to text. More recently hes been turning up on other days when I’ve been round, again pulling up seconds after I’ve stopped my car, indicating that he’s either been waiting round a corner or further up the road out of my sight. This is making me very anxious to go to this family members house as the last time resulted in me contacting the police as he got extremely aggressive.
      Would it be classed as stalking or am I over reacting please?

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

I don’t think you’re overreacting, it does seem a bit strange and your gut doesn’t like it which is always valid. Do you have a contact in the police you could discuss it with, or ring 101? Just so it’s logged, since he has been aggressive before.

I would also look into checking your phone has GPS switched off. In fact when I left I wiped my phone because it started acting strange and I read it’s common for them to tap into them to track us since they are all about control. I got mine wiped, never switched on GPS and changed my number. Also do the same for other digital devices like laptops and tablets etc so that he can’t be tracking you from there. Sorry this is all I can think of at the moment but the other ladies should be able to help too since this kind of behaviour is very common in abusers.

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Also not to be alarming but is it possible that he put a tracking device in your car? It could explain why he knows where you are (as well as your phone). My ex acted strange once whilst in the relationship and offered to park my car. At the time it seemed like a nice gesture but when he started to act crazy and the abuse escalated I started to wonder whether he’d done it to fit a tracking device since he was always asking where I was and who I was with. During the MOT I got them to check for devices. I know it sounds really paranoid but I think it’s better to be safe and look a bit paranoid rather than be too trusting (which was the way I was until I experienced domestic abuse).

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content