Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

Has any had experience of an ISVA?

What are your thoughts please.

KIP.
      Participant

My thoughts are to give her a chance and see if she can be of help to you. If not you’ve lost nothing x

Watersprite
      Participant

Yes – good support empowering x

iliketea
      Participant

My IDVA was the one that encouraged me to leave. She stuck it out. She said I was her longest ever client! That’s how good she was. All the doubts, all the disbelieving, she just stuck it out. When you get a good one they are gold dust. I think no harm done to meet and see what you think. They have so much experience of the system and the local area and the system working in the local area and all the other agencies including police and solicitors, I think if you can have one, then go for it. Hope you’re ok? xx

Cantmakedecisons
        Participant

I don’t know the difference between IDVA and an ISVA .. they have very similar roles I think

Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

Thank you everyone. Feeling rather nervous 😟

Eggshells
      Participant

It’s understandable to be nervous. You’ve had such mixed experiences from support professionals. I’m not sure how an ISVA differs from an IDVA; this is the first time I’ve heard of one.

It’ll just be a getting to know eachother I expect; no great demands on you. Probably the usual risk assessment and a run down of how she can help you.

Hope it goes well. xx

Wants To Help
      Participant

One supports with trauma from domestic violence/abuse and one supports with trauma from sexual violence. I believe the ISVA deals with ladies who experience sexual violence from strangers too and not just those within domestic relationships.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content