Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Woke up
      Participant

About (detail removed by moderator) I thought the world had ended had no idea at all how to heal and move in from the abuse I had suffered ..I was in denial that it even was abuse but wanted to say that it really will get better!! I still have pangs of sadness and feeling overwhelmed by the past but jeep focusing on the future and my dreams and every day feel stronger and have no regrets about leaving !! What did I lose? A person who would blame me for his own behavior flip out and beat me up call me names killed my self confidence and I pity him because he has to live with himself x things get better I feel stronger that door has closed and I was in shock at how little confidence I had left but now I feel liberation I don’t feel used alone confused xx it takes time I still have moments but that’s all they are x feelings and the hope I have now is amazing xx don’t look back look forwards X*X thanks to everyone who emailed and helped me identify the abuse and how I can move on understanding it helps you heal the wounds X*X never going back for more!!! X

KIP.
      Participant

Isn’t that a magical feeling. When you get that confidence back. When you realise none of this was your fault. When you see a wonderful future full of choice that you can make without fear. I’ve achieved more in the short time I’ve been free than I ever did in the decades of oppression. We truely are everything without them. They are nothing without us. We are angels and we have our wings back lol x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content