Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hazydayz
      Participant

I’ve woken up feeling that same old feeling…I can’t rely on optimism. People get in the way of that. I just want to be able to rid the negative from my life, believe in people!

Hazydayz
      Participant

No offence intended here.

Hazydayz
      Participant

Hell! I’m sitting here thinking…is it me? Something about me? That brings the worst out in people. I just want answers to all my questions! I want my confidence (if I truelly ever had any?) restored. There’s been so many knock backs up to this point in my life, I just can’t help wondering…is it something about me? Yeah! so I have a messed up background and I’m struggling but so are lots of others. My trauma PTSD that’s not helping my outlook as well as living with abuse a lot of the time. But, the talking therapy / councelling to resolve early life stuff, that’s at least a year away! Though I’m on the waiting list now. G! I come here most days it seems lately, trying to help myself or others by talking! Reasoning things! I need to! I guess I’m thinking of myself, here and now as, my inner child?…I’m the overgrown kid, who needs help she never got when young, never got seen, never got heard so I need the attention maybe? Oh no! I am thinking now…? That doesn’t make me a Narc does it? Oh please! Not me!

Twisted Sister
        Participant

Hi Hazydayz

Sorry to hear your distress. Please don’t be labelling yourself, use some of your wealth of inner kindness towards yourself here. You are so helpful and supportive to others on here, and you are also worthy of the attention you need/ed, either now or as a child. We all need to feel heard, it doesn’t make any one of us a ‘narc’ as you call it.

We are inherently social beings, and thats why this forum works so well, it provides invaluable social interaction during some of our worst times in life. We hear continually how the support has helped, this is key to helping us not feel so isolated in our struggles with DA, and part of our own community here. Everyone needs this, needing this does not mean anything bad, just that we need it.

Its ok to need support, help, to be heard so you can find your way through the difficult times, we can’t do this alone.

Do keep talking and reaching out and maybe the adult and the child need this right now?

..and no, it isn’t you, its them. The abusive relationship, as you know, is all about them, their needs, their power and control over you. Its never been personal, its who they are.

Look after yourself and I hope you can rest and nurture yourself, have patience and keep taking those steps as and when you are able.

warmest wishes

ts

Hazydayz
        Participant

Thankyou TS for your reply, kind words and reasurrances. đź’ž

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content