Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ariel
      Participant

I have stopped going round to my exes house where the children are so now I see them on his say so. 2 are old enough to drive so at least they have been coming over. The time I’m getting with them is better now as it’s not under his watch but it’s not as often.
      I’ve had threats again today through calls and texts. I just want to run away but obviously won’t because of my children. In the texts today he said he was going to f#*k me up and all things like that.
      I’ve put off having an injunction or something like that but I think now maybe it’s time. Will I have to go away for a while.
      It’s not getting easier it’s getting worse. I do feel a bit stronger as I’m not seeing him as much.
      I feel like I won’t be able to work tomorrow as I’m too drained from this. They know about my situation but I can’t keep having time off

teabag
      Participant

Ariel

I’m so sorry to hear what you are going through. It sounds toxic. If you don’t mind me asking why are your children with him?
      Please keep all those text messages. Do you have a court order regarding access? Have you phoned WA- do you have the strength to do this? Do you have other support?
      Lean in on us.

KIP.
      Participant

It’s time to use the law. That’s what it’s there for. He had had many chances to behave, it’s not going to happen. He has no right to be in your life. You are entitled to choose who you allow to be in your life. Please speak to a solicitor and/or domestic abuse police. Enough is enough x

diymum@1
      Participant

this out and out harassment – it depend on how your kids feel about there father – are they aware of his antics (im sure they probably are) i would keep them in the loop, be honest with them. Let them know exactly why you are contacting the police – its not acceptable and it is crazy making behaviour. When family and work become jeopardised thats when this hits us hard – dont be scared to stand up to him – we all know how this works / pre-empting him/ his tactics might be an idea. be prepared for him to turm this on you and make people aware of that before he does. it will be the usual your creating a storm in a teacup, drama queen, look kids your mums crazy not this is coercive control and harassment – we can see it so will the police xx luv diymum xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content