Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tired of this
      Participant

I’ve been in an emotionally abusive relationship for years, which has deteriorated significantly since lockdown. My husband is obsessive that he is never disturbed whilst working from home which is difficult as we have (detail removed by moderator) young children. I am constantly being called horrific names, he screams and shouts at me all day long, refuses to let me use the kitchen, threatens to throw my belongings away, bangs his fist and wall in anger. I have told him I want him to move out in the new year but he is refusing and becoming increasingly angry. I am now thinking of calling the police but I’m worried it will make things worse and as the abuse is mostly verbal and emotional whether they would even be interested. I am worried this situation will get even worse over Christmas.

KIP.
      Participant

Ring the police for advice. They have a domestic police unit and get in touch with your local women’s aid. They will have other resources too. There’s also the national domestic abuse helpline. Domestic abuse has increased since lockdown so you’re definitely not alone and abusing you in front of your children is child abuse. Keep a journal of his behaviour and any evidence or witnesses. If you’re scared ring 999. It’s not acceptable and he’s going nowhere until he’s made to.

Optimystic
      Participant

I can identify with you. My gut knew things were wrong a long time ago but lockdown really opened my eyes. Emotional and psychological abuse clear as day. I too am dreading Christmas as I know it will get worse. There are options a solicitor can give you re getting rid of him. I’m planning to move out temporarily but get back asap and him not being there. Good luck with everything x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content