Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      SummerSong
      Participant

After a reasonably quiet period it’s started again. (Detail removed by Moderator) today. Saying he wants to see our kids more. Then saying (detail removed by Moderator). Saying I’m lying about my whereabouts and should be asking him for all childcare and nobody else first. His arrangement for almost (detail removed by Moderator). He has no interest. I got out of the relationship and I feel like it’s not enough. This will never ever stop. How can I ever make it stop.

KIP.
      Participant

You can make it stop by cutting all direct contact with him. Use a third party and report him to the police if he tries to contact you directly. You can try for a non molestation order. Ring the national domestic abuse helpline for advice and contact your local womens aid. Meantime block him on everything. If you can get someone to act on your behalf then they can use text only for emergencies. Get an old mobile cheap payg. Is there a court order for access? Are you the legal resident carer? Keep all the evidence you can of his behaviour. Any contact is toxic and allow him to continue to abuse.

KIP.
      Participant

Keep a journal of his behaviour too. Get everything in text so there’s a record of his behaviour. Change your email address and your phone number.

SummerSong
      Participant

No court order. Contact was organised through my solicitor when we divorced. I’m the main carer. We have joint PR.
      I have contacted a solicitor today for advice. Divorce went through on legal aid as I used a DV charity to help me out of the marriage and I was deemed high risk at one point.
      Hoping to gain non-molestation and a legal order for contact.

KIP.
      Participant

Good for you. Taking control can also be empowering for you. Remember you can ring 999 anything you feel threatened x power to you x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content