• Author

Can’t believe it! X

KIP.
      Participant

Onwards and upwards. Well done. Nothing holding you back now x

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Amazing news, well done positive! 🙂

Thank you 😊. Best thing is I was not expecting it! I’ve passed my probationary period recently but it shows what they see in me. This is my achievement and being in an abusive relationship has given me the strongest work ethic I’ve ever had. There are others in the same level of job, with higher workloads and they need assistants but they didn’t get one I did and I’ve been there the shortest out of us all in that job role. This is my success, this is my future I’m building my goals I am reaching and everything he prevented me from doing. The sky is the limit my ladies so glad I divorced him!!!! My dreams are becoming a reality and I can’t quite believe the confident, professional, integral, strong woman that I have become! Here’s to more of us! Going for a body massage today it’s a birthday gift I never got round to claiming 😊😊😊 x*x

lover of no contact
      Participant

Well done positive. Its so true us women are so capable, efficient, not lazy (how could you be lazy with an abuser lol), hard workers etc.

I suppose that’s a positive way of looking at it in that we learnt how to be super-efficient, super-hard working, super-capable, super-responsible due to our ‘training’ to be the abuser’s slave, servant. work-horse while they dished out the orders, dished out the put-downs, dished out the criticism, the blame. They meanwhile lazed about in our relationship, pretended to be contributing to themselves and others.

There is a slogan in al-anon “Take what you like and leave the rest”.

I will take ‘my strengths’, ‘my hard-work leading to skills’ that I developed into my future, from having abuser (takers) as a parent and an intimate partner, and leave the rest (the abuse).

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content