Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Dobedo
      Participant

I left him years ago, and only (detail removed by moderator) finally gave a statement to the police, telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Its absurd how much better I feel, I was in there for a whole 3 hours and presented all the evidence I had stored up for all this time. I feel free, I actually feel young again.
      He’s being charged with everything. EVERYTHING!
      My wonderful friend was waiting outside the police station for me, and I nearly collapsed into his arms, its such a relief. I’ve told the police things I thought I would take to my grave.
      A big thank you to everyone here, its been a lot of encouragement and love to get there, but I DID IT!!

iliketea
      Participant

WOW!!! Well done!! Congratulations! You are so strong. Have you got some support lined up in case letting all out brings back traumatic memories for you? WELL DONE!!!!! xx

KIP.
      Participant

Hey I did the same. It empowered me. Watch out for the aftershock though that might come later. You will be exhausted and perhaps retraumatised. I bet he regrets choosing you as a victim. You might find there are other victims too that have already come forwards. Victim Support were fantastic too should you need extra support or information x 💕

Diverdi
      Participant

Well done. It takes a lot of courage to do that.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

That was such good news to read, brave you, well done 😄 yes! Justice prevails 💪
      Enjoy your life my dear and thx for sharing your excellent news 😘

Watersprite
      Participant

YOU DID IT – power to you! So Brave ! Well done – amazing news gives hope thank you x

Cecile
      Participant

Dobedo well done and thanks for telling us. I remember well the feeling of freedom and elation when I finally did it too, that is tell the police. It validates everything for us. Tell as many women as you can to help them do the same. In the end, for me, they couldn’t charge him but they have a statement on his file from me about his behaviour to me and that was all the protection I needed.
      People sometimes forget or don’t even know that even if an alleged perpetrator is not charged, there is still a file with a complaint about him on the police records.This can be extremely empowering and a useful tool for helping escape, change your life, and support any further complaints in the future.

I feel so happy for you and I hope you love the rest of your life.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content