Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Ssss
      Participant

We left today got out… he guessed and didn’t think was going to get away…. but we are going to new place now…I feel soo guilty scared and sad…

Borntobefree
      Participant

Hi
      Well done for getting out. Its normal to feel like this. I remember when I left I was in a right mess.. But I promise you it does get easier stay strong 💪 hugs X

KIP.
      Participant

Well done. Keep looking to a new future x

Anonymous
      Inactive

You’ve done the right thing, this will get better with the right help and support. We’re here for support, to listen. If you need a good rant or a good cry. We’re here, all been there. Xx 💕 DIY hugs xDIY stick to your guns x

Apricotpoppy
      Participant

Thats great news Ssss. So hard to do but you and your kids are out. Take care and keep strong xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Ssss,

It is great to hear you have left, it must have taken such courage- well done. I hope you arrived at your new home safely. It is natural to feel a range of emotions so try to give yourself time. The 24hr National Domestic Violence Helpline is available on 0808 2000 247 if talking things through would help. This can often be a dangerous time so please contact the police if you feel at risk at any time.

Please do let us know how you are when you are able to.

Best wishes,

Lisa

thelightinme
      Participant

I’m so glad for you Ssss. I’ve only recently left myself and can empathise with your feelings. Keeping busy is helping me, but I don’t think it’s good to sweep my feeling under the carpet either, so I’m waiting to see a counsellor. Love and strength to you xx

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Ssss, I’m so happy for you, and very proud of what you have done💜💜
      Enjoy the peace in your new home. I how i find the courage to do the same someday too.

IWMB 💕💕

Tiffany
      Participant

Well done. So glad for you.

Goggleeyes
      Participant

Congratulations on your new life, SO proud of you!! Be gentle with yourself emotions are jumbled and raw but it will get better, lighter feeling and brighter. I’ve been there too Xx

Ssss
      Participant

Thankyou you all for messages.. they mean a lot.. had no wifi but all up and running now…xx

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content