Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I said no. So many years and I’m still scared to say no.

There is nothing I can do to keep him away. I moved so far and lost so much.

I rebuilt myself and its all like a house of cards, but there is nowhere to run.

KIP.
      Participant

Can you run to the police?

Anonymous
      Inactive

No. I’m supposedly in a safe place which he is working harder and harder to move in on. Been here before but there’s nowhere else to run.
      At least if something does happen I have a few people in authority that know that things were bad before.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

I pray you are okay and will remain safe. This is so not right. I wish I was away from my oh and you could come up here, feeling helpless when someone needs protecting is a terrible feeling.I can’t begin to know how you must be feeling. Can the police or WA not move you again. The council moved my son within a day when he was afraid for his life. Please let us know you are okay.
      IWMB 💕💕

Lifeisbeautiful
      Participant

Have you not been able to get a restraining order on him? So he would go to prison if he breached it? Really hope you get something sorted soon X

Anonymous
      Inactive

No. Apparently I made it up because I was too traumatised to let someone look at my injuries.
      He’s the golden boy and I’m banned from moving.

EbonyRaven
      Participant

I’m so sorry to hear this. Please call the helpline so someone else is also aware of your situation.

Lifeisbeautiful
        Participant

Who told you that you made it up? That is horrible! I truly hope you get the support that you so desperately need x*x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Definately tell as many people you can to make them aware of this situation, put how you feel down in writing too. Either on your phone or on a journal, this could be used as evidence against him too. Too many of these men are golden boys😡
      Take care love.
      IWMB 💕💕

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you everyone. I was so scared on my way home I missed my stop as I was hiding in case he saw me.

I now know why a refuge worker looked at me like I was mad when I said it was fine when he’d moved a few streets away.

And now he’s done it again.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Numpty

It sounds like you are in a really difficult situation and i am wondering if you have support from your local domestic abuse support service? to look at any options you might have. If you are not in touch with them, you can find details of your local service here.

If you have received any threatening messages from him you may be able to get a non molestation order which would give the police more power if he breaches it.

I would encourage you to call the helpline on 0808 2000 247 to discuss your situation as you don’t feel safe, and wont as long as he is living so close.

Take care and keep posting to let us know how you are.

Lisa

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you. He’s too clever to send messages that anyone other than me would find threatening.
      I was so proud to go to work today, but couldn’t go to meet him as desired. I just feel terrible asking other people to do the handover for me.
      I try to call for advice but no one ever answers.

xpeacex
      Participant

I feel for you Numpty. The police should have helped you, I agree with Iwantmeback about a journal, this will be useful as part of evidence.

A good psychologist would know the different varying effects of being traumatised. We all respond differently. The police should understand this.

Hugs to you x*x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi numpty, using someone else for hand over is excellent, he can’t abuse you anymore if you’re not there. Can you do that all the time. If he contacts you through your phone can you get another one and use that one just for him, that way you can save his texts without seeing them on your daily phone. Just block his number on your daily phone. Tell him your other ones broken or something if you have to and that’s why you’re using a new number. You owe hom nothing
      Definately get in touch with WA as Lisa suggests, they can give such good advice, sometimes we need someone else input for even the simplest of ideas. The I never though of that situation.
      When your on the middle of a war zone, a way out isn’t always visible. We’re here to help you escape his abuse. 💞

IWMB 💕💕

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you everyone. I do feel like giving up and becoming nothing again, so what he does doesn’t matter. The only reason I keep going is my lo. My friend lives a long way away, so I don’t like to call on her.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content