Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Alittlelost
      Participant

One the people im seeing has been supporting me even though its not her job. Today she encouraged me to call my local womans aid. She helped me by writing down what i wanted to say/ask down on paper before as i struggle with making phone calls and asking for what i need. So i went away and called. The paper really helped guide me and the help line lady was lovely. Im going to join a weekly group that covers lots issues around abuse. I let them know i am currently not planning to leave my partner but that i need some support to figure things out. So she has reffered me and a worker will call me next week to arrange a support date and find out more about me.i really hope i can figure all this out.im so greagful the first woman encouraged me, i was feeling extremly hopeless.

KIP.
      Participant

Yayyy. Well done you. I remember the first time I rang the helpline I couldn’t speak. They were great. I think you will learn a lot about yourself too x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Th as this great news alittlelost. Knowledge is power and the more you learn the clearer things will become

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well done! This is a big step to take and it’s lovely to read about the lady who helped you take it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content